Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Blue Stone Man: Part One

The editing on this one was overwhelming. I whittled the photos down to about four days' worth of postings and then, called it quits. After all, how do you decide which of your children you love best?

The images speak for themselves, but I would draw your attention to six photos that appear near the end of the posting. In these photos, there appears to be a very realistic figure of a man. To my eye, the man looks more African than what we think of as Native American or First Nations as we say in Canada. I've seen lots of faces and cartoon-like images of human figures in these stones, but this is the first time I've spotted such a realistic rendering of a human figure. I'd love to know the era in which it was created.

No comments:

Post a Comment